Being a large congregation with over 1200 people in our community circles, it can be difficult to get a pulse on how every individual person is doing, all the time. But just because it’s difficult doesn’t mean it’s not worth doing, especially in times like today.
When we launched the Community Circles, we had our entire community answer a simple heart-based check-in question:
- ❤️(red): I am ok. I have what I need and I am feeling as well as can be expected.
- 🧡(Orange): I have some anxieties and/or logistical challenges but I am pretty much all right.
- 💛(yellow): I am anticipating hardships and concerned that they will escalate. I don’t yet know how I will handle everything.
- 💚(green): I’m facing significant hardships and I don’t have the resources to cover them. I wouldn’t mind if someone reached out to me.
- 💙(blue): I am in crisis; I need help.
The results gave us a snapshot of how our congregation was doing on both a community & individual level.
- 79% ❤️
- 18% 🧡
- 3% 💛
- 1%. 💚
- 0%. 💙
One trend we noticed in the data was those who filled out the survey earliest trended better than those who filled it out more recently. Which makes sense, as the situation with COVID-19 evolves our lives are going to (and have already) become MORE challenging.
To ensure we keep an accurate and up-to-date pulse on how we are doing, we have decided to regularly ask our community to check-in using this same heart scale. This weekly check-in will allow us to take the pulse of our congregation, and help enhance our communities care efforts.
The prompt will come via text message from #97000. It will link to a page on our website to fill out the check-in https://foothillsuu.org/checkin/
. Information will be shared with those directly involved in our community care efforts (circle leaders and key staff and ministers).