Part of our commitment to being in Beloved Community and unleashing Courageous Love is keeping each other safe. At Foothills Unitarian, we are committed to continually adapting our COVID-19 safety guidelines to minimize risk to our Foothills family and larger community – as well as the well-being of our brave healthcare providers in the midst of overwhelmed hospitals.
As much as possible, we will offer all opportunities multiple formats – in-person, online and hybrid. We have also invested in high-quality air filters, which are operating in our church building.
For all services and gatherings, vaccination is expected for all those eligible but is not required. Children’s faith development programs are only offered at the 10 AM service. Childcare for children 4 and under is available at our 8:30 AM service.
The COVID Act Now risk level is currently “Very High,” so according to our COVID Safety Policy the following safety policies are in place:
Safety Guidelines for Indoor Gatherings
- Medical-grade masks required for all ages 3+. (Read Rev. Gretchen’s letter on why we’re sticking with universal masking indoors.)
- Masks are optional indoors for groups of 12 or fewer if everyone in the group consents.
- Groups of any size may sing together with masks.
- Eating/drinking together is okay inside for groups of less than 40 when eating/drinking was clearly communicated as part of the activity (i.e. attendees understand prior to arrival that eating/drinking will occur).
- It is also okay to serve food and drinks at gatherings with 12 or fewer attendees even if food/drink were not specifically communicated as part of the event.
Safety Guidelines for Outdoor Gatherings
- Masks optional.
- Groups of any size may sing together.
- Eating/drinking is okay for groups of any size.