Welcome Back Foothills Families!
Follow these easy steps to join us this fall as we re-connect in person.
Step 1. Join us for our Water Communion Celebration
Water Communion is a yearly ritual for many Unitarian Universalist congregations, including Foothills!
We invite you to join us on Sunday, September 19th at 10:00 am at Rolland Moore Park for Water Communion 2021. Please bring a small amount of water from somewhere special to you (your home, a favorite river or reservoir, a vacation spot, rainwater, etc.) During the ritual, each person pours their water into a shared vessel. The combined water symbolizes both what we each bring and how we are changed by our commitment to journeying together. At this year’s Water Communion, we’ll celebrate our coming together and have a shared covenant ceremony where we affirm our promises to each other as a community.
Step 2. Register for our 10:00 am Intergenerational Service!
This church experience for all ages that centers connection and belonging. Our Sunday Intergenerational Service will begin on September 26th.
After you register we will be in touch with more details.
This service will have some new elements:
- Outdoors. We will gather outdoors and masked at Rolland Moore Park through October for Covid safety.
- Consistent. By registering you are committing to come twice a month, either the 1st & 3rd or the 2nd & 4th Sundays. We’ll do our best to get you in a slot that works with your schedule.
- Intergenerational. The core of our 10 AM service is intergenerational church family pods. Each Sunday you will build relationships with the same set of people, having fun and creating meaning together. These intergenerational groupings will start and end each Sunday experience, with time in the middle for kids and adults to be with their peers. We will enjoy meaningful rituals that define our community, including our covenant, chalice lighting, and marking the joys and sorrows of our lives.
- A bit longer. This new service will be 90 minutes long to allow plenty of time for us to worship all together and in age cohorts.
But it will also have elements that you know and love:
- Adults will have time to center, enjoy good music, and explore our series theme through thoughtful stories, sermons and conversations.
- Kids will participate in immersive learning and relationship building with their peers.
- High School Youth are invited to attend the 10am service and/or attend our High School YUUTH GRUUP that meets on Sundays at 11:45am – 1:15 pm
Step 3. Give with Gratitude
When you give from a place of gratitude, you live your values, you change lives. Support our Foothills Mission of unleashing courageous love in northern Colorado by making a donation or pledge.
Sign up for our “Family Room” Text Subscription –
twice a week we’ll send you blessings, encouraging words, or helpful resources to bring Unitarian Universalism into your home and family life. You can opt in by simply texting the keyword “FamilyRoom” to 97000.