Foothills is for families!
We are here for you in these challenging times.
We know that families come in all shapes and sizes, big families, small families, chosen families, blended families, families with children with unique needs and gifts. Your Foothills Family Ministry staff is here to partner with every family and support you in helping your children to grow in body, mind and spirit.
Sunday Offerings for Families
We are launching a new pattern of Sunday offerings for families in 2021
We now offer Funtime Activities for Kids on the two Sundays each month at 10:15 am.
On Sunday – February 21st it’s a Love Superhero Day
On one Sunday each month our church service is designed for ALL AGES! Kids are invited to watch along with their parents.
- Sunday, February 14th for an all ages Service that introduces our “Tough Love” theme
- Sunday, March 14th an all ages service to mark and celebrate the one year anniversary of our church our church meeting online and all we have learned together in pandemic times.
Engage our Monthly Theme with your Family
Our theme for February and March is – “TOUGH LOVE”
We don’t mean “tough love” in that old sense of strict parenting with harsh consequences. We mean tough as in resilient and sustainable, tough love that keeps showing up, even when it’s hard. This kind of tough love helps us to live grounded in our values and enables us to guide our families and partner with others to work for justice and liberation. This kind of tough love also sets boundaries, and must sometimes step away and let go to give ourselves the time and space to recharge. And just in case you haven’t made the connection, “tough love” is the Courageous Love that we talk about in our services every Sunday.
From now until April, we invite your family to join us as we explore “Tough Love” in its many forms. We’ll explore endurance, boundaries, connection, celebration, repair, imagination, persistence, and transformation. These times call for a tough love for ourselves, for our families and for the future vision of the beloved community that we are building together.
Check out our Tough Love Family Resource Packet!
This packet includes activities and resources so that your whole family can engage together at home in fun and meaningful ways.
Click her for the Online Version of the Packet.
Here is a quick summary of our Tough Love Series offerings for families.
Our new Family Room Text Subscription –
Sunday Morning Activities for Kids & Families –
- February 14th All Ages Service at 9am on Zoom or 11am on Facebook Live
- February 21st Kids’ Activity on Zoom 10:15 am – Love Superheroes!
- March 7th Kids’ Activity on Zoom 10:15 am – Something fun! tbd
- March 14th All Ages Service Celebrating our one-year anniversary of going online
- March 21st Kids’ Activity on Zoom 10:15 am – Something fun! tbd
- February 26th Foothills Middle School Dungeons and Dragons Game Night
Have a teen in your family?
Yuuth Gruup: 9th – 12th Grade 11:30 am
Join us on Zoom https://zoom.us/j/97751295301
YUUTH GRUUP for high school will meet every Sunday
Need some Spiritual Downtime with your kids?
Watch our Family Worship Circle Videos –
Recorded for you to watch at your convenience. Each one includes music and stories and is appropriate for families with children ages 3 and up. We suggest that you gather in a quiet and cozy location, light your home chalice, and watch together. You can see all of the Worship Circles HERE
Create Family Home Rituals
- THE FAMILY HOME CHALICE CLICK HERE to download it