On October 9, 2016 we hosted the very first “mobile food pantry” in Larimer County (Coloradoan article). Our church provides equipment, space and volunteer staff to operate this food distribution to our friends and neighbors who struggle to feed their families. Foothills also provides funds to cover a portion of the food that is distributed. On average we serve 95 households, including many children and seniors, at each mobile pantry. We are so glad to have helped fill this gap in our community and have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2019!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible working alongside parent/guardian) for a variety of food distribution duties! Please do review the general guidelines before signing up or before coming for a “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
To get email notifications about Food Bank @ Foothills, please join the Food Bank group. To sign up to volunteer, please click on the desired dates on our schedule below. They will be linked as sign-up becomes active:
We are grateful to Rebecca Parish and Courtney Butnor for agreeing to be Co Site Leads for the Foothills UU mobile pantry team. And very appreciative of the efforts of the staff of the Food Bank for Larimer County.
We are thankful for a wonderful group of dedicated volunteer Lead Coordinators <see list below> willing to take the lead on individual Sunday food banks (once a quarter) and be back-ups in case a coordinator has a last minute illness or emergency. We NEED more Lead Coordinators on our team! Without Lead volunteers, we can not sustain this mobile pantry. With a team of twelve Lead Coordinators, each person would only have to commit to leading once per quarter. If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can speak directly with Courtney Butnor or Rebecca Parish or send an email to email@example.com
Documentation & Forms:
- Food Bank @ Foothills (UU church) General Guidelines – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank of Larimer County (FBLC) Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Guidelines – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Volunteer Info – Volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- Food Bank @ Foothills Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
*Current Foodbank @ Foothills Team Lead Coordinators:
Rebecca Parish, Courtney Butnor, Susan Kitchens, Nancy Reaume, Tom Rhodes, Donna Boudreau, Pedro Linsenmeyer, Stacy Lynn and Margaret Cottam.
Would YOU like to join our team and give back with only a few hours every 3 months? Talk to any of our Leads to see if it might be a fit for you.