On October 9, 2016 we hosted the very first “mobile food pantry” in Larimer County (Coloradoan article). Our church provides equipment, space and volunteer staff to operate this food distribution to our friends and neighbors who struggle to feed their families. Foothills also provides funds to cover a portion of the food that is distributed. On average we serve 90 households, including many children and seniors, at each mobile pantry. We are so glad to have helped fill this gap in our community and have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2019!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible working alongside parent/guardian) for a variety of food distribution duties! Please do review the general guidelines before signing up or before coming for a “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
To get email notifications about Food Bank @ Foothills, please join the Food Bank group. To sign up to volunteer, please click on the desired dates on our schedule below. They will be linked as sign-up becomes active:
- Jan 12
- Jan 26
- Feb 9
- Feb 23
- Mar 8 (Daylight savings)
- Mar 22
- Apr 26 (only one pantry in April due to Easter)
- May 10
- May 24 (Memorial Day weekend, due to only one pantry in April we’re going to see if we get enough volunteers to hold food bank on this holiday weekend)
- June 14
- June 28
We NEED more Lead Coordinators on our team! Without a full team of Lead Coordinators, we can not sustain this mobile pantry long-term. With a team of twelve, each Lead would only have to commit to leading once per quarter. One or two more would give us more flexibility & coverage. If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can speak directly with Courtney Butnor or Mary Klecan or any of our Leads (listed below) or you can send an email to email@example.com.
Documentation & Forms:
- Food Bank @ Foothills (UU church) General Guidelines – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank of Larimer County (FBLC) Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Guidelines – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Volunteer Info – Volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- Food Bank @ Foothills Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
CO SITE LEADS for the Foothills UU mobile pantry team: We are grateful to Courtney Butnor and Mary Klecan for agreeing to take on and share the responsibilities of Site Lead. Rebecca Parish will be ‘retiring’ as Site Lead in Oct. 2019 after serving three years in this role.
LEAD COORDINATORS: (in alpha order) Diane Barrett, Donna Boudreau, Courtney Butnor, Margaret Cottam, Mary Klecan, Susan Kitchens, Pedro Linsenmeyer, Stacy Lynn, Rebecca Parish, Nancy Reaume and Tom Rhodes. We are so incredibly thankful for this wonderful group of dedicated volunteers willing to commit to lead individual Sunday food banks (once a quarter) and for being ‘team players’ by signing up to be back-ups should an unexpected situation arise for a scheduled Lead.