In our high school youth group, our youth will experience –
- Spiritual Development – Through both individual and group spiritual practices, experiencing awe, gratitude, wonder, appreciation and “at-one-ness.”
- Beloved Community -By creating deep, affirming, authentic and long-lasting relationships and answering our faith’s calling to work for justice
- Pastoral Care – We provide ministerial support for youth who are in crisis, and we celebrate their joys and accomplishments.
- Faith Exploration – By exploring their beliefs and values through challenging activities and conversations. They will look deep and develop their faith by attending workshops at camps and conferences.
- Multi-generational Relationships – Connecting with people of all ages in a variety of ways – leading younger kids, building mentor relationships with adults, serving as leaders in worship services and serving in our church and community.
- Identity Formation – We support youth in their journeys to figure out who they are as spiritual and relational beings, helping them to develop a healthy identity and learn to live with integrity. We affirm and accept all identities and foster a culture of inclusion.
- Leadership -by serving as empowered and effective leaders in their youth group, and the larger congregation.
Our High School Group
YRUU – Young Religious Unitarian Universalists | Sundays 11:00AM – 12:00PM
YRUU is our high school youth group and meets on Sunday mornings and for fun-social and justice-service activities on weekends and evenings throughout the year. This group emphasizes youth leadership, spiritual development and creating a caring and affirming community for our youth. Members of our YRUU are invited to participate in regional Unitarian Universalist youth conferences and summer camps..
Our annual Church Retreat at the Buckhorn Camp will be held on Labor Day weekend Friday August 30th, 4:00 pm through Monday September 2nd, 1:00 pm The retreat includes a variety of fun and...