On October 9, 2016 we hosted the very first “mobile food pantry” in Larimer County (Coloradoan article). Our church provides equipment, space and volunteer staff to operate this food distribution to our friends and neighbors who struggle to feed their families. Foothills also provides funds to cover a portion of the food that is distributed. On average we serve 90 households, including many children and seniors, at each mobile pantry. We are so glad to have helped fill this gap in our community and have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills indefinitely.
During the COVID19 Pandemic, we are still going strong!
We have adapted our Mobile Pantry to a Drive Thru model to support social distancing and reduce contact for the safety of our guests and volunteers. We have served 100+ families each time since the crisis began and have the capacity to serve many more! We operate on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month, with the specific dates listed here. When clients arrive at our pantries, they will be greeted by staff and volunteers directing them how to navigate the process and remain in their vehicle. Staff members and volunteers will bring bags of food to clients’ cars and clients will be asked to load the food themselves. *VOLUNTEERS, please click the dates to sign up! More volunteer information below.
SPREAD THE WORD, PASA LA VOZ
2nd & 4th Sunday of the Month
2do & 4to Domingo del Mes
1815 Yorktown Ave, Fort Collins 80526
Food Distribution/ Distribución de Comida:
1:00pm – 2:30pm
Picking up food for the first time? Just come by during the dates and times listed and we’ll walk you through steps.
Va a recoger comida por la primera vez? Venga durante las fechas y horas indicadas y lo guiaremos a través de los pasos.
Nuestra dispensa se ha convertida a un modelo de auto-servicio para apoyar el distanciamiento social y reducir el contacto para la bienestar de nuestros huéspedes y voluntarios. Desde el inicio del crisis, hemos servido 100+ families y tenemos la capacidad de servir muchas más! Cuando llegan clientes, serán recibidos por voluntarios dirigiéndose como navegar el proceso en sus vehículos. Los voluntarios llevarán bolsas de comida a los carros de los clientes y se les pediría a los clientes que cargan la comida ellos mismos. *VOLUNTARIOS, por favor haga clic en las fechas para registrarse. Más información para los voluntarios abajo.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Shifts are from 12:30pm-2:45pm
- Volunteers spots are labeled with age requirement. All positions are at least 12+ years
- Wear a mask/face covering (optional) and bring their own water bottle.
- Wear closed toe shoes and no clothing endorsing/denouncing political candidates.
- Please do not come if you are experiencing any symptoms including but not limited to: fever, headaches, sore throat, sniffles, coughing, etc.
REQUISITOS PARA VOLUNTARIOS:
- Turnos son de 12:30pm-2:45pm
- Los puestos para voluntarios son marcados con el requisito de edad. Todos los puestos son para 12+ años
- Use una máscara/cubierta facial (opcional) y traiga su propia botella de agua
- Use zapatos cerrados y ropa que no respalde/denuncie a los candidatos políticos
- Por favor, no venga si tiene algún síntoma que incluya, entre otros: fiebre, dolor de cabeza, dolor de garganta, resfriado, tos, etc
Our Mobile Pantry would not be possible with the dedication and support of our amazing team! During our normal operations, we have had kindergartners to seniors coming each week to support this essential program in our community. We have had to modify our volunteer eligibility during our drive thru model, but look forward to when we can have all ages serving together again!
Please contact our Co-Site Leads, Courtney Butnor and Mary Klecan, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
¡Póngase en contacto con nuestros coordinadoras, Courtney Butnor and Mary Klecan, en email@example.com con cualquier pregunta o inquietud!.