On October 9, 2016 we hosted the very first Food Bank for Larimer County (FBLC) “mobile pantry” (Coloradoan article). Our pilot site was chosen to help extend the reach of the FBLC to households farther away from their Food Share facility in north Fort Collins. On our one year anniversary (October 8, 2017) we served 103 households, including many children and seniors!
Our church provides equipment, space and volunteer staff to operate this food distribution to our friends and neighbors who struggle to feed their families. Foothills also provides funds to cover a portion of the food that is distributed. A week’s worth of groceries is available often including meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits and vegetables, and breads. We are so glad to have helped fill this gap in our community and have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2018!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible working alongside parent/guardian) for a variety of food distribution duties! If you are not sure this will be a fit for you or your family, please feel free to drop by on one of the dates below between 2 and 3pm to just check it out, see how it operates and observe the different roles you see volunteers performing. With a signed liability waiver form, you can even start working right then if you want. Please do review the general guidelines below before signing up or before coming for an informal “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
To get email notifications about Food Bank @ Foothills, please join the Food Bank group. To sign up to volunteer, please click on the desired dates on our schedule below. They will be linked as sign-up becomes active:
- Jan 14
- Jan 28
- Feb 11
- Feb 25
- Mar 11
- Mar 25
- Apr 8
- Apr 22
- May 13
- June 10
- June 24
Reducing food insecurity in our neighboring community!
We are grateful to Rebecca Parish for agreeing to be the site lead for the Foothills UU mobile pantry team. And very appreciative of the incredible efforts of the staff of the Food Bank for Larimer County.
We are thankful for a wonderful group of dedicated volunteer coordinators* willing to take the lead on individual Sunday food banks (once or twice a quarter) and be back-ups in case a coordinator has a last minute illness or emergency. We’d LOVE to have a few more coordinators on our team! If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can contact Rebecca directly or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Bank@Foothills General Guidelines & Requirements – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank (FBLC) Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Guidelines – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- FBLC Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- FBLC Mobile Pantry Volunteer Info for Volunteers in Need – Volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- Food Bank Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
- Foodbank@Foothills Coordinators: Set Up/Tear Down Checklists for Regular Church Hours (Summer Hours version)
- Summer Backpack Program – Instructions for handling the summer backpack program
- Diagram of F@F Mobile Pantry Typical Set Up on Church Grounds
- For our Foothills UU Community : Volunteers Needed for our Mobile Pantry
*Current Foodbank @ Foothills Team Coordinators:
Rebecca Parish, Courtney Butnor, Cheryl Hazlitt, Susan Kitchens, Nancy Reaume, Tom Rhodes, Donna Boudreau, April Undy, Carri Ratazzi, Pedro Linsenmeyer and Cindy Monell. Would YOU like to join our team and give back with only a few hours every other month or so? Talk to any of our coordinators to see if it might be a fit for you.