[ Sign-up | Documents/Forms | Coordinator Team ]
On October 9, 2016 we hosted the very first Food Bank for Larimer County (FBLC) “mobile pantry” (you may have read about this in the Coloradoan). Our pilot site was chosen to help extend the reach of the FBLC to households farther away from their Food Share facility in north Fort Collins. By our fifth hosting on December 4th, we served over 60 households, including many children and seniors. On our one year anniversary (October 8, 2017) we served 103 households! FBLC reports that we are serving an average of 80-85 households regularly with about 50 of them being households that are new to Food Share program and ONLY using our food pantry location. We are thrilled with these results and have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2018!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible working alongside parent/guardian) for a variety of food distribution duties! If you are not sure this will be a fit for you or your family, please feel free to drop by on one of the dates below between 2 and 3pm to just check it out, see how it operates and observe the different roles you see volunteers performing. With a signed liability waiver form, you can even start working right then if you want. Please do review the general guidelines below before signing up or before coming for an informal “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
- May 13
- June 10
- June 24
- July 8
- July 22
- Aug 12
- Aug 26
- Sept 9
- Sept 23
- Oct 14
- Oct 28
- Nov 11
- Dec 9
Reducing food insecurity in our neighboring community!
We are grateful to Rebecca Parish for agreeing to be the site lead for the Foothills UU mobile pantry team. And very appreciative of the incredible efforts of the staff of the Food Bank for Larimer County. We are thankful for a wonderful group of dedicated volunteer coordinators* willing to take the lead on individual Sunday food banks (once or twice a quarter) and be back-ups in case a coordinator has a last minute illness or emergency. We’d love to have a few more coordinators on our team! If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foodbank@Foothills General Guidelines – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- Mobile Food Pantry Policies & Procedures – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- Volunteers in Need – Food Bank volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- Food Bank Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
- Summer Backpack Program
- Foodbank@Foothills Coordinators: Set Up/Tear Down Checklists for Regular Church Hours (Summer Hours version)
- F@F Volunteer Sign-in Log
- Diagram of F@F Mobile Pantry Typical Set Up
- Foothills Community – Volunteers Needed for our Mobile Pantry
- For Food Bank clients that *ASK* if they can have some info about our church – About Foothills postcards
*Current Foodbank @ Foothills Team Coordinators: Rebecca & Mike Parish, Pedro Linsenmeyer, Cheryl Hazlitt, Susan Kitchens, Nancy Reaume, Tom Rhodes, Carri Ratazzi, Cindy Monell, Donna Boudreau, April Undy and Courtney Butnor. Would YOU like to join our team?