As a native New Yorker, Amy enjoys thinking big. She has a passion for community building and has previously worked for three local nonprofits as a database manager to help build systems that can assist with connecting people to their interests and to each other. You will often find her paddle-boarding at Horsetooth with her two kids, enjoying live music, or out walking her high-energy dog, Aspen.
- This event has passed.
Foothills Families TLC – Fall Family Service Event
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm MDT
Fall Family Volunteer Opportunity
“Love is the spirit of this church and service is its law. This is our great covenant.”
Join other Foothills Families for a day of service. We will be raking and bagging leaves for folks in our church community who need a little help with the job this year. We need helping hands of all sizes and abilities (as well as a few fun filled hearts to jump in the leaf piles and keep the rest of us laughing). This is truly an opportunity for children of almost all ages to get involved and lend a hand. We will meet up at the church beforehand to get directions and a cup of coffee and we will also meet up afterwards to share in a potluck lunch. Here are the details:
- Who: Families with children looking for ways to serve the community together.
- What: Raking and bagging leaves for church members who could use the help followed by a potluck at the church.
- When: November 2, 2019. 9am-1pm.
- Where: Meet at the church for coffee, juice, and directions at 9am. Move to 1st house by 9:30. Return to church at 12 for a potluck lunch.
- Why: It’s fun!
- Bring: Rakes, gloves, yard waste bags, leaf blowers, etc. A dish to share.
When you signup please indicate the number of people in your family, the ages of your children, the tools you plan to bring. Further down the signup list please sign up for a dish to bring.