[ Sign-up | Documents/Forms | Coordinator Team ]
In October 2016, we kicked off a new program named “Foodbank @ Foothills” (you may have read about this in the Coloradoan)! On October 9th we hosted the very first Larimer County “mobile pantry” for food distribution as part of a six month pilot. By our fifth hosting on December 4th, we served over 60 households, including many children and seniors. And on March 26th we served 100 households! We are thrilled with these results and now that our pilot phase has ended, we have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2017!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible) for a variety of food distribution duties! If you are not sure this will be a fit for you or your family, please feel free to drop by on one of the dates below between 2 and 3 to just check it out, see how it operates and observe the different roles you see volunteers performing. With a signed liability waiver form, you can even start working right then if you want. Please do review the general guidelines below before signing up or before coming for an informal “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
Reducing food insecurity for our neighboring community!
We are grateful to Rebecca Parish for agreeing to lead the administration & coordination of the Foothills UU mobile pantry team. And very appreciative of the incredible efforts of the staff of the Food Bank for Larimer County. We are thankful for a wonderful group of dedicated volunteer coordinators* willing to take the lead on individual Sunday food banks (once or twice a quarter) and be back-ups in case a coordinator has a last minute illness or emergency. We’d love to have a few more coordinators on our team! If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foodbank@Foothills General Guidelines – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- Mobile Food Pantry Policies & Procedures – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- Volunteers in Need – Food Bank volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- F@F Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
- Foodbank@Foothills Coordinators: Set Up/Tear Down Checklists
- Foothills Community – Volunteers Needed for our Mobile Pantry
- For Food Bank clients that ASK if they can have some info about our church – About Foothills postcards
*Current Foodbank @ Foothills Team Coordinators: Rebecca & Mike Parish, Pedro Linsenmeyer, Cheryl Hazlitt, Susan Kitchens, Nancy Reaume, Tom Rhodes, Earlene Swann, Carri Ratazzi, Cindy Monell and Donna Boudreau. Would YOU like to join our team?