[ Sign-up | Documents/Forms | Coordinator Team ]
In October 2016, we kicked off a new program named “Foodbank @ Foothills” (you may have read about this in the Coloradoan)! This program is designed to help the Food Bank for Larimer County (FBLC) extend their reach to households that live farther away from their Food Share facility up on Blue Spruce in North Fort Collins. For many households, it’s near impossible to get to that facility either due to location or hours.
On October 9th we hosted the very first Larimer County “mobile pantry” for food distribution as part of a six month pilot. By our fifth hosting on December 4th, we served over 60 households, including many children and seniors. And on March 26th we served 100 households! Metrics from FBLC as of March 30 indicate that we are serving an average of 75-80 households regularly at our food pantry with 50 of them being households that are new to Food Share program and ONLY using our food pantry location. We are indeed “filling the gap” in feeding those 50 ‘neighbor’ households!! We are also a convenient location for many other households besides! We are thrilled with these results and now that our pilot phase has ended, we have mutually agreed to continue forward with this mobile pantry at Foothills through 2017!
As you might imagine, IT TAKES MANY HANDS TO MAKE THIS GREAT WORK POSSIBLE! We welcome volunteers aged 10+ to work independently (ages 6+ usually possible) for a variety of food distribution duties! If you are not sure this will be a fit for you or your family, please feel free to drop by on one of the dates below between 2 and 3 to just check it out, see how it operates and observe the different roles you see volunteers performing. With a signed liability waiver form, you can even start working right then if you want. Please do review the general guidelines below before signing up or before coming for an informal “check us out” visit so that you know the basics of where to park, what to bring (or not bring), what to wear, etc.
Reducing food insecurity for our neighboring community!
We are grateful to Rebecca Parish for agreeing to lead the administration & coordination of the Foothills UU mobile pantry team. And very appreciative of the incredible efforts of the staff of the Food Bank for Larimer County. We are thankful for a wonderful group of dedicated volunteer coordinators* willing to take the lead on individual Sunday food banks (once or twice a quarter) and be back-ups in case a coordinator has a last minute illness or emergency. We’d love to have a few more coordinators on our team! If you’re interested in helping or for more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foodbank@Foothills General Guidelines – Please review this document before you sign-up to volunteer.
- Food Bank Volunteer Waiver Form – This completed form is required before you can volunteer.
- Mobile Food Pantry Policies & Procedures – Food Bank for Larimer County documentation
- Mobile Food Pantry Safety – Please review the Food Bank’s safety policies.
- Volunteers in Need – Food Bank volunteers who may be food insecure can receive food as well!
- F@F Volunteer Job Descriptions – Not sure which job you’d like to sign up for? Learn more about them!
- Summer Backpack Program Info & Tally Sheet
- Foodbank@Foothills Coordinators: Set Up/Tear Down Checklists (Summer Version)
- F@F Volunteer Sign-in Log
- Diagram of F@F Mobile Pantry Typical Set Up
- Foothills Community – Volunteers Needed for our Mobile Pantry
- For Food Bank clients that ASK if they can have some info about our church – About Foothills postcards
*Current Foodbank @ Foothills Team Coordinators: Rebecca & Mike Parish, Pedro Linsenmeyer, Cheryl Hazlitt, Susan Kitchens, Nancy Reaume, Tom Rhodes, Carri Ratazzi, Cindy Monell, Donna Boudreau, April Undy and Steve Undy. Would YOU like to join our team?